Council Meetings:

Upcoming Meetings Past Meetings

Public Question Time

If you wish to ask a question, you can do so during Public Question Time at the start of the meeting. Each member of the public with a question is entitled to ask up to two questions at a time. If a question is unable to be answered at the meeting, it may be taken on notice by the Council for a later response. 

To ensure we have a true record of all questions asked, please complete the online or printable form, using the links below.  Sending your question prior to the meeting will ensure an accurate and concise response. You can also bring your question with you to the meeting, although your question may be taken on notice and answered at the next meeting.

Ask via our printable/fillable form Ask via our website form

Please ensure that all details have been provided when filling out the form so that answers to questions can be sent to the correct person.


Deputations & Petitions

A person or group that wishes to make a deputation to Council is to apply to the Chief Executive Officer in writing prior to the meeting for approval, or request the Presiding Member’s approval at the meeting. Deputations are not to exceed five persons, only two of whom may address the Council, although others may respond to specific questions from Members. The deputation is not to exceed 10 minutes without the agreement of the Council.

A petition is a request for action. Any elector or group of electors may petition the council to take action. However, the subject of a petition must be a matter on which the Council has the power to act. An elector is a person who owns or occupies rateable property within the Shire of Donnybrook Balingup, and is eligible to vote in local and state elections.

All petitions must:

  • Be addressed to the Council
  • Be respectful and temperate in its language
  • Set out a concise statement of facts and the action sought
  • State the name, address and signature of all electors making the request, including date of signature
  • Set out the name and address of the petition initiator.


You can submit a deputation or petition to the Shire, or ask any questions related to that topic, by emailing or using our online contact us form - please ensure you have provided all necessary attachments with your submission.

Contact Us