View the Budget and Fees & Charges

Rates notices are issued each year, with the billing period starting 1 July and finishing 30 June the following year the notices have been sent out. Here is all you need to know on getting your rates paid, and what options you have.

Full payments are required, meaning that the total balance owed via one singular payment, is due by the date stated on the Rates notice.

Instalment payments mean that the current balance owed via two or four instalments subject to:

  • Payment of the 1st instalment and any overdue balance by the 1st instalment due date state on the rates notice.
  • Accrual of instalment interest and administration fee.
  • If two or more instalments remain unpaid cancellation of this option without refund of any instalment interest or administration fee and classification of the total balance as OVERDUE.

If you need to change your ownership and/or address details, please ensure the Shire is notified in writing as soon as possible so that the records can be updated. You can also use the form provided below.

Change of Address Form

The Shire offers a variety of payment options and methods, including:

Credit or Debit card

You can make payments online with a valid credit card or debit card via our secure payment gateway (Visa or Mastercard), or by calling 1300 276 468.

Use your Biller Code and Reference Number, located on the bottom of your rates notice.

Online Payments


Payment through your financial institution via Telephone or Internet Banking.

Use your Biller Code and Reference Number, located on the bottom of your rates notice.

Direct Debit

Payments can be made via weekly or fortnightly Direct Debit. An administration fee will apply, with further details in the following document.

Direct Debit Form

In the mail

You can tear off/detach the lower portion of your rates notice and make your cheques or money order payable to the Shire of Donnybrook Balingup.

Please ensure you address this to:

PO Box 94, Donnybrook WA 6239

In person

Payments can be made at the Shire Administration Office at 1 Collins Street, Donnybrook (6230) by Cash, Cheque or EFPTOS.

Pensioner Concession

Pensioners who meet the eligibility criteria detailed below are entitled to claim a rebate of up to 50% off the current year’s rates (limited to a capped maximum amount), and 50% off the Emergency Services Levy, or may defer payment of those rates.

Seniors who meet the eligibility criteria below are entitled to claim a rebate of up to 25% (limited to a maximum amount).

Any rebate or deferral of rates will be pro-rated from the date that an approved application is lodged with the Shire or Water Corporation.

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for concessions under the Rates and Charges (Rebates and Deferments) Act 1992, an applicant must:

  • be the owner and reside in the property on 1st July of the rating year.
  • if a Pensioner, either be in receipt of a pension and hold a Pensioner Concession Card or State Concession Card; or hold both a Seniors Card and a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
  • If a Senior, hold a Seniors Card issued by WA Seniors Card Centre.

If you believe you are eligible for a concession, you can use the following form or register with Water Corporation.

Concession Application Form

The Emergency Services Levy (ESL) is a State Government charge applicable to all properties in WA, which is invoiced and collected by local governments on behalf of the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES). The ESL provides the majority of funding required for career and volunteer Fire & Emergency Service brigades, DFES multi-function brigades/units, Bush Fire brigades and State Emergency Service units.

The amount of ESL to be collected, and the applicable rates and charging parameters, are declared annually by the Minister for Emergency Services.

For more information please refer to the ESL section of the DFES website below.

Valuations of properties within the shire have been supplied by the Valuer General’s Office. Any objections to the valuation must be lodged in writing within 60 days of the issue date of a rates notice. For further information about your valuation and how to lodge an objection, please visit the Landgate website linked below.

Informational Videos on GRV and UV