Works & Services

Please contact the Works & Services Department on (08) 9780 4200 for any enquiries on the items listed below or you may wish to submit a Maintenance Request Form for maintenance requests. All forms can be found via the Document Centre and can be emailed to

Works & Services Department will be able to assist you with the following matters;

  • Construction and Maintenance of roads, drains and bridges
  • Maintenance of verges (street trees, verge enhancements etc.)
  • Crossover Applications
  • Road Signage
  • Pathways and Trails
  • Street Lighting (new requests)
  • Restricted Access Vehicles (RAV) Network
  • Parks, Gardens & Reserves
  • Playground Equipment
  • Playing Fields/Ovals
  • Cemetery Maintenance
  • Public Toilets
  • Public Bins
  • Annual Roadside Vegetation/Weed Control
  • Weed Spraying and Pest Control
  • Fence Line Clearing Permits

Fallen Trees

Please report fallen trees on Shire roads immediately by calling the Shire’s Administration Office or Works & Services Department on (08) 9780 4200.

Agency Responsibilities

  • Main Roads WA are responsible for South Western Highway, Goodwood Rd, Boyup Brook Rd, Preston Collie Rd and Marmion Street (between S/W Hway & Emerald St). Any enquires regarding these roads can be directed to MRWA on 138 138 or  via their website
  • Western Power are responsible for street lights, power poles and electricity. Western Power can be contacted on 13 13 51 or  via their website.
  • Water Corporation are responsible for water and sewer mains. Water Corporation can be contacted on 13 13 75 or via their website.