Engineering, Works & Services

Please contact our  Engineering, Works & Services Department on 9780 4209 for any enquiries on the items listed below or you may wish to submit a Maintenance Request Form for maintenance requests.  All forms can be found via the Forms page and can be emailed to

To view our Current Shire Works please click here


Council’s roadwork section objective is to provide an effective, efficient and safe transport network to the community.

Our Works & Services Department will be able to assist you with the following matters;

  • Construction – Roads, Drainage
  • Maintenance – Roads, Bridge
  • Verges
  • Drains
  • Driveway and Crossover Application
  • Street Trees
  • Signs
  • Road Safety
  • Street Sweeping
  • Footpaths and Shared-use Paths
  • Street Lighting (new only)
  • Traffic Signage
  • Restricted Access Vehicles (RAV) Network – Notification and Request for Approval to Use Local Shire Roads


Please report fallen trees on Shire roads immediately by contacting our main switchboard 9780 4200 or Works & Services Department on 9780 4209.

If a tree falls across a main road (as listed below under Agency Responsibilities – Road Faults), please contact Main Roads WA  on 138 138

Trees can often fall into properties or across roads.  The Shire will remove fallen trees on Shire roads from the carriageway to reopen the roadway to traffic as soon as practicable.  Where fallen trees do not present a roadside hazard, they may be left on the verge to encourage native habitat.

Where storms or other natural events cause trees to fall from road verges onto fences or into properties, the Shire may contact the landowner to advise of the damage and carry out any necessary works where the fallen tree presents a hazard to road users.  In this case, it’s the landowners responsibility to repair the fence and remove and dispose of the tree which has fallen into their land.   If however the landowner is not contactable,  Shire staff may carry out temporary repairs on the fence if there is stock in the paddock or cut the tree at the fence line.


  • Street Light Faults – Western Power can be contacted on 13 13 51 and are responsible for all public street lights (including shades), except for a few owned by the Shire. Shire of Donnybrook-Balingup is responsible for lights in public carparks and the lights on the footpaths along the Donnybrook Main Street.
  • Road Faults – where a person sees damage to a road or a dangerous hazard, including fallen trees in the Shire of Donnybrook-Balingup, it should be reported to the responsible agency to get if fixed as soon as possible.  Main Roads WA can be contacted on 138 138 and are responsible for;  South Western Highway, Goodwood Rd, Boyup Brook Rd, Preston Collie Rd and Marmion Street (between S/W Hway & Emerald St).  Shire of Donnybrook-Balingup is responsible for all other public roads in the Shire.
  • Water & Sewer Mains Faults – Water Corporation can be contacted on 13 13 75 and is responsible for water mains and sewer mains in the road verge and up to the property boundary.


Council’s Parks/Gardens and Environmental team are committed to keeping the district aesthetically and environmentally pleasing by carrying out a variety of services by maintaining and upgrading the following;

  • Street Planting
  • Parks, Gardens & Reserves
  • Verge Mowing
  • Playground Equipment
  • Playing Fields/Ovals
  • Cemeteries
  • Street Sweeping
  • Public Toilet Facilities
  • Public Bins-Rubbish Removal
  • Annual Roadside Spraying (Rural and Townsite)
  • Weed Spraying and Pest Control Programs
  • Rehabilitation of Local Waterways & Reserves
  • Fence Line Clearing Permits