Location: Corner of Bentley & Emerald Streets Donnybrook
Contact: Teacher/Community Librarian Esme Kidd & Shire Library Officer Margaret Evans
Phone: 9731 0432
Books are amazing things and continue to fascinate young and old alike. But these days a library is much more than books!
Join us at the Donnybrook Community Library where you can share in the joy of reading and access a wealth of information. At the Donnybrook Community Library you’ll find a large range of books, reference material, newspapers & magazines, DVD’s and Audio books.
Our professionally trained staff are always available to assist – whether it’s to find that hard to find title or assist with locating reference material, please ask at the information desk. Membership is free to ratepayers and it’s easy to join.
The Library is suitable for all ages.
- Books – Junior fiction, Young adult fiction, Adult fiction, Non fiction and Large print books.
- Audio books – a great way to pass the time on the long trip to Perth!
- DVDs – a wide selection of movies, documentaries and informational DVDs
- Reference material – including telephone books and online public enquiry catalogues
- Magazine and newspapers
- Computers and printers – for internet access, email and word processing. Separate costs apply – see details below
Library membership is free to all permanent residents of the Shire and also to non-residents who are Shire ratepayers or current members of another WA public library.
To join you’ll need to provide adequate proof of your current address in the form of a rates receipt, drivers licence or an official receipt.
If you are 15 years or under we require a parent/guardian signature for you to join.
- Junior Memberships – may borrow 30 items for up to 3 weeks (limit of 2 DVDs)
- Young Adult Memberships – may borrow 30 items for up to 3 weeks (limit of 2 DVDs)
- Adult Memberships – may borrow 30 items for up to 3 weeks (limit of 2 DVDs)
- Temporary Memberships – may borrow 2 items for up to 3 weeks
Please remember that you must bring your library card to borrow items. Renewals can be made by telephone or visiting the library.
Please remember that you are responsible for returning items in good condition – returned in the same condition as they were borrowed. Charges will apply for lost or damaged items. We realise that minor damage can sometimes inadvertently occur so please let us know if items have been damaged when they are returned. Our trained staff can repair minor damage.
Sharing the joy of books with your child is important – and lots of fun!
Story time sessions will introduce you and your child to a wide range of quality books. This will assist in enriching and extending your child’s vocabulary and imagination as well as providing a solid foundation for the development of reading skills. Story time sessions are planned around a theme and supported by songs and rhymes.
Story time sessions are held every Thursday and Friday 10.15am
Library Services & Costs
Please see details of Library Fees and Charges 2016
Seminar Room/ Meeting Room
We have a fully equipped meeting room with kitchen facilities for hire. Contact us for availability.
Please see details of Seniors Room Hire Fees and Charges 2016
Monday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Tuesday 9.00am – 6.00pm
Wednesday 9.00am – 12noon
Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday 9.30am – 12.30pm