The Shire of Donnybrook-Balingup operates two library facilities; Donnybrook Community Library (a joint use facility with Donnybrook District High School) and Balingup Public Library.
|Donnybrook Community Library||Balingup Public Library|
|Location: Corner of Bentley & Emerald Streets Donnybrook||Location: Jayes Road Balingup|
Teacher/Community Librarian: Esme Kidd
Shire Library Officer: Margaret Evans
Shire Library Officer: Gabriela Ptakova
|Phone: 9731 0432||Phone: 9764 1037|
|Email Us||Email Us|
|Donnybrook Community Library||Balingup Public Library|
|Monday 9.00am – 5.00pm||Monday Closed|
|Tuesday 9.00am – 6.00pm||Tuesday 9.00am – 12.00pm & 1.00pm – 4.00pm|
|Wednesday 9.00am – 12noon||Wednesday Closed|
|Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm||Thursday 9.00am – 12.00pm|
|Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm||Friday Closed|
|Saturday 9.30am – 12.30pm||Saturday 9.00am – 12.00pm|
|Sunday Closed||Sunday Closed|
South West Library Consortia Loans
The One Library network is the first of its kind in Western Australia and connects 24 libraries in 12 Shires in the South West, giving greater access to patrons. With the One Library network items can easily be requested by yourself online or by library staff. Patrons can borrow and return books at any of the libraries in the One Library system. You current library card can be used at any of the following libraries: Australind, Balingup, Binningup, Boddington, Boyanup, Boyup Brook, Bridgetown, Bunbury, Busselton, Capel, Dalyellup, Dardanup, Donnybrook, Dunsborough, Eaton, Harvey, Manjimup, Nannup, Northcliffe, Pemberton, Walpole, Waroona, Withers and Yarloop.
To request, renew or reserve library items within the One Library network, please browse our Donnybrook-Balingup Library Services Catalogue. You can browse both the Shire’s library collection and collections of other libraries in the South West. Use your library card number and allocated PIN to log in and request, renew or reserve library items. Happy browsing.
Public Library Services in WA have a combined stock of more than two million items. Requests to borrow items from this stock can be made through your local library, subject to regulations recently implemented by the State Library. These regulations restrict borrowing of the following items:
- Books that are less than 12 months old
- Junior and Young Adult items
- DVDs, CDs and MP3s
For further information please call: Donnybrook Library 9731 0432; Balingup Library 9764 1037
- Books – Junior fiction, Young adult fiction, Adult fiction, Non fiction and Large print books.
- Audio books – a great way to pass the time on the long trip to Perth!
- DVDs – a wide selection of movies, documentaries and informational DVDs
- Reference material – including telephone books and online public enquiry catalogues
- Computers and printers – for internet access, email and word processing. Separate costs apply – see details below
Join us at either of the Shire libraries to share in the joy of reading and access a wealth of information. Our professionally trained staff are always available to assist – whether it’s to find that hard to find title or assist with locating reference material, please ask at the information desk. Library membership is free to any resident of Western Australia. To join you’ll need to provide adequate proof of identity and proof of your current address
People under 18 years of age are required to have a parent or guardian as guarantor for the account activities of the minor in their care, including any penalties incurred for overdue or lost/damaged items and must be informed of this on joining.
Acceptable Proof of Identity:
* A valid Driver’s Licence or Proof of Age Card
* Birth certificate
* A Pension or Concession Card
* Other proof of identification
In addition, proof of current address is required.
* If located on primary identification such as a Driver’s License, this is sufficient.
* If address is not on the Proof of Identity then a current utilities bill or bank statement in the name of the applicant or similar can be used as proof of address.
- Full Membership: Adult Membership, Student, Junior and Young Adult – may borrow 30 items across the consortia for up to 3 weeks (limit of 10 DVDs across the consortia)
- Outreach Membership: Book Club, Home Delivery outreach – may borrow 50 items across the consortia for up to 42 Days (limit to 10 DVDs across the consortia)
- Temporary Memberships (include short term residents) – may borrow 5 items across the consortia for up to 3 weeks
Please remember that you must bring your library card to borrow items. Renewals can be made by telephone or visiting the library.
Please remember that you are responsible for returning items in good condition – returned in the same condition as they were borrowed. Charges will apply for lost or damaged items. We realise that minor damage can sometimes inadvertently occur so please let us know if items have been damaged when they are returned. Our trained staff can repair minor damage.
Story time sessions are held in Donnybrook Community Library every Thursday and Friday 10.15am
Story time sessions will introduce you and your child to a wide range of quality books. This will assist in enriching and extending your child’s vocabulary and imagination as well as providing a solid foundation for the development of reading skills. Story time sessions are planned around a theme and supported by songs and rhymes.
Library Services & Costs
Please see details of Fees and Charges 2017-2018.
Seminar Room/ Meeting Room
In Donnybrook Community Library, we have a fully equipped meeting room with kitchen facilities for hire. Contact us for availability.
Please see details of Fees and Charges – Seniors and Meeting Room 2017-2018
*Balingup Public Library