The Shire of Donnybrook-Balingup is proud to be supporting KidSport.
KidSport will make it possible for Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project through their participating local government.
What are the eligible criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card or meet one of four Kidsport financial exceptions (see criteria below in Kidsport Brochure)
- Applicant’s primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to.
It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area (exceptions may apply).
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs such as essential equipment and uniforms as identified by the club and approved by the local government.)
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid (exceptions may apply).
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
For more information about KidSport, email the Community Development Officer