Seniors in the Shire of Donnybrook-Balingup are invited to participate in a fabulous week of activities during this year’s Seniors Week – Sunday 29th October to Sunday 5th November 2017.
Full program details – Seniors Week 2017 flyer
The ethos behind this popular annual festival is all about encouraging seniors in our community to ‘Celebrate Later Life’.
The main event for the week is a bus trip to ‘Wellington Forest Discovery Centre’. For just $15 per person the day kick starts with a short guided bush walk (optional) in the Wellington Forest, followed by an afternoon walk and talk showcasing local indigenous names for plants and food. Included in the $15 fee is morning tea and lunch, return bus transport and all tour entry fees. Bookings are essential for the Wellington Forest Discovery Centre tour and can be made by phoning the Shire Office on 9780 4200 by 4.00pm on Thursday 26th October, 2017.
We’re also offering a series of free Come’n Learn sessions:
- Getting started on your I-Pad,
- Donnybrook Library – learn how to access the full state library catalogue, eBooks and audio books through the State Library App. Make sure to BYO I-Pad or tablet.
- ‘Dying to Talk’ – join the conversation and talk about death and planning for the end of life.
- Driving for Seniors
- Money Management for seniors.
Or you might prefer to try a free ‘Come’n try’ class
- Dru Yoga and Laughter Yoga
- Living Longer Living Stronger program
- Fitness classes
- Free swimming all week
A great week with a variety of activities for senior members of our community to join together and celebrate life and living in our community.
If you’re interested in finding out more about these and other activities or clubs available to seniors in the Donnybrook-Balingup region, please contact the Shire’s Community Development team on 9780 4200 or email email@example.com.