The Shire of Donnybrook Balingup is a strong supporter of the Road Safety Commission Drink Driving Campaign. The holiday season is one of high risk, where it’s easy to justify low-level drink driving.
The simple message is – if you’re drinking, just don’t drive!
Over the Christmas and New Year holiday period, road users can take responsibility for
behaving safely and complying with all road rules by:
- Getting their vehicle safety checked before travelling
- Turning off their mobile phone before driving
- Adapting their speed for the weather, light, traffic and road conditions
- Ensuring they and passengers are buckled up when travelling in a vehicle
- Taking a break, having a rest or if possible swapping drivers to avoid the onset of fatigue
- When planning to drink, arrange a designated driver, organise public transport or stay overnight.
For more information available on the on the website including links to You Tube versions of the TV advert campaigns: